If you’re a cheese lover, then you know that Parmesan cheese is a must-have ingredient in many dishes. It’s a hard, granular cheese that’s perfect for grating over pasta, risotto, and salads.
But where exactly can you find Parmesan cheese in the grocery store? Let’s take a look.
1. The Dairy Aisle:
The first place to check for Parmesan cheese in the grocery store is the dairy aisle.
Look for the section that carries specialty cheeses or Italian cheeses. You’ll likely find a variety of Parmesan cheeses with different price ranges and aging periods.
2. The Deli Counter:
If you can’t find Parmesan cheese in the dairy aisle, head over to the deli counter.
Many grocery stores carry freshly grated or sliced Parmesan cheese at their deli counters. You can ask for a specific amount based on your needs, and they will grate it right there for you.
3. The Bulk Section:
Another place to check is the bulk section of your grocery store. Here, you can find Parmesan cheese sold by weight, which is perfect if you only need a small amount for your recipe.
4. The International Foods Aisle:
If your grocery store has an international foods aisle, be sure to check it out. You’ll likely find imported Italian brands of Parmesan cheese that may not be available elsewhere in the store.
- Pro Tip: If you’re looking for authentic Italian-style Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, look for it in the Italian foods aisle or at specialty food stores.
How to Choose the Best Parmesan Cheese:
When it comes to choosing the best quality of Parmesan cheese, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Age: The longer the cheese has been aged, the stronger and more complex its flavor will be. Look for Parmesan that has been aged for at least 12 months.
- Freshness: Choose Parmesan cheese that has been freshly grated or sliced.
The fresher it is, the better it will taste.
- Price: High-quality Parmesan cheese can be expensive, but it’s worth investing in for the best flavor. If you’re on a budget, look for store-brand options or Parmesan cheese sold in bulk.
Now that you know where to find Parmesan cheese in the grocery store, you can easily pick up this essential ingredient for your next recipe. Whether you choose to buy it from the dairy aisle, deli counter, bulk section, or international foods aisle, make sure to choose high-quality Parmesan cheese that suits your taste and budget.