Sliced Flank Steak is a popular cut of beef that is known for its rich flavor and versatility in cooking. It comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow and is often used in dishes such as fajitas, stir-fries, and salads.
What Is Flank Steak?
Flank steak is a lean cut of beef that comes from the lower chest of a cow. It is long and flat with a prominent grain, making it an ideal cut for slicing against the grain to maximize tenderness.
How Is Flank Steak Prepared?
Flank steak can be prepared in a variety of ways, including grilling, broiling, pan-frying, or slow-cooking. It’s important to note that flank steak should be cooked quickly over high heat to prevent it from becoming tough.
What Are The Benefits Of Sliced Flank Steak?
Sliced flank steak offers several benefits for those looking to add protein to their diet. Not only is it low in fat and calories, but it’s also high in protein and rich in essential nutrients such as iron and zinc.
- Low-fat: Sliced flank steak contains only about 6 grams of fat per 3-ounce serving.
- High-protein: With about 23 grams of protein per 3-ounce serving, sliced flank steak can help you meet your daily protein needs.
- Nutrient-dense: Sliced flank steak is an excellent source of iron and zinc – two essential nutrients that play vital roles in maintaining good health.
How To Cook Sliced Flank Steak
Slicing flank steak against the grain is key for optimal tenderness. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat a grill or skillet to high heat.
- Rub the sliced flank steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning blend.
- Cook the steak over high heat for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on how well-done you prefer it.
- Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing it against the grain into thin strips.
How To Serve Sliced Flank Steak
Sliced flank steak is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, such as:
- Fajitas: Serve sliced flank steak with grilled peppers and onions in warm tortillas.
- Stir-fries: Add sliced flank steak to your favorite stir-fry recipe for added protein.
- Salads: Top a bed of greens with sliced flank steak, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled blue cheese for a satisfying meal.
Sliced Flank Steak is an excellent choice for those looking to add lean protein to their diet. With its rich flavor and versatility in cooking, it’s no wonder why this cut of beef has become a staple in many households. Try incorporating sliced flank steak into your next meal for a delicious and nutrient-packed protein source.