Flank steak is a popular cut of beef that’s known for its rich flavor and versatility. Whether you’re grilling, sautéing, or slow-cooking, flank steak is a great option for meat lovers. But how do you know how much to serve?
What Is One Serving of Flank Steak?
A serving size of flank steak can vary depending on a few different factors. The general rule of thumb is that one serving size of flank steak should be around 4-6 ounces. However, this can change depending on a person’s age, weight, and activity level.
- Age: Younger people may require more protein in their diets than older adults, so their serving sizes may be larger.
- Weight: People who weigh more will typically need more protein to maintain muscle mass than those who weigh less.
- Activity Level: Athletes and people who exercise regularly may require more protein to support their active lifestyle.
The Benefits of Flank Steak
Flank steak is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients that are essential for a healthy diet. Here are just a few benefits of eating flank steak:
- Protein: Flank steak is an excellent source of protein that can help build and repair muscle tissue.
- Iron: Flank steak also contains iron, which is important for maintaining healthy blood cells and preventing anemia.
- Zinc: Zinc is another important nutrient found in flank steak that helps support the immune system and aids in wound healing.
Tips for Cooking Flank Steak
Now that you know how much flank steak to serve, here are a few tips for cooking it to perfection:
- Marinate: Flank steak can be tough if not cooked properly, so marinating it for at least 30 minutes beforehand can help tenderize the meat.
- High Heat: Flank steak should be cooked on high heat for a short amount of time to prevent it from becoming too tough.
- Slice Thinly: When serving flank steak, be sure to slice it against the grain for maximum tenderness.
One serving size of flank steak is around 4-6 ounces, but this can vary depending on a person’s age, weight, and activity level. Flank steak is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients like protein, iron, and zinc.
When cooking flank steak, remember to marinate it beforehand, cook it on high heat, and slice it thinly against the grain. Enjoy!