When it comes to grilling or preparing a delicious meal, choosing the right cut of meat is crucial. One popular cut of meat is flank steak, which is known for its rich flavor and tenderness.
If you’re looking to purchase flank steak at Kroger, you may be wondering what it’s called there. Let’s explore!
What Is Flank Steak?
Flank steak is a long and flat cut of beef that comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow. It’s a lean and flavorful cut that’s perfect for grilling or marinating. When cooked properly, flank steak can be incredibly tender and juicy.
What Is Flank Steak Called at Kroger?
At Kroger, flank steak can be found under a few different names depending on the location. Here are some common names you may come across:
- London Broil: This is a term commonly used to refer to flank steak at Kroger. It can also refer to top round steak or sirloin tip steak.
- Beef Flank Steak: Some Kroger stores simply label their flank steaks as “beef flank steak.” Look for this name in the meat section.
- Boneless Beef Chuck Shoulder Steak: This name may seem confusing, but it’s actually another term for flank steak at some Kroger locations.
Tips for Buying Flank Steak at Kroger
If you’re new to purchasing flank steak or buying it from Kroger specifically, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Look for bright red color: When examining the meat, make sure it’s bright red with no brown spots.
- Check the marbling: Flank steak should have some visible fat marbling throughout to ensure tenderness and flavor.
- Choose a thicker cut: Thicker cuts of flank steak are easier to cook evenly and have better flavor.
Flank steak is a delicious and versatile cut of meat that’s perfect for grilling or marinating. At Kroger, you can find it under different names such as London Broil, Beef Flank Steak, or Boneless Beef Chuck Shoulder Steak.
When purchasing flank steak at Kroger, make sure to look for bright red color, visible marbling, and choose a thicker cut for best results. Enjoy your delicious flank steak meal!