When it comes to barbecue sauce, there are many varieties available on the market. From sweet to tangy to spicy, there is a sauce for everyone’s taste buds. One notable option is Dr Pepper BBQ sauce, which has gained popularity in recent years.
What Is Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce?
Dr Pepper BBQ sauce is a unique blend of sweet, smoky, and savory flavors. As the name suggests, one of the key ingredients in this sauce is Dr Pepper soda.
Yes, you read that right! The soda gives the sauce its distinctive flavor.
Ingredients of Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce:
To make this delicious sauce at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 can of Dr Pepper (12 ounces)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well until everything is combined.
- Cook for about five minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour it back into the pot and let simmer for an additional five minutes.
- Your homemade Dr Pepper BBQ sauce is now ready to be used!
- If you like your barbecue sauce to be spicy, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the mix.
- If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can adjust the amount of brown sugar in the recipe.
- This sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Dr Pepper BBQ sauce is a delicious and unique alternative to traditional barbecue sauces. With its sweet and smoky flavor, it is sure to impress your guests at your next barbecue. Now that you know how to make it at home, give it a try and enjoy!