If you’re a cheese lover, then you’ve probably tried Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese. This delicious and versatile cheese is a staple in many households, and can be used in a variety of dishes from pasta to salads.
But have you ever wondered how long this cheese lasts before it goes bad? Let’s find out!
What is Grated Parmesan Cheese?
Grated parmesan cheese is made from cow’s milk and has a hard, granular texture. The cheese is aged for at least 10 months, which gives it a strong, nutty flavor that pairs well with many different foods.
How long does Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese last?
Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese has a shelf life of about 9 months if stored properly. This means that if you buy the cheese today, it should last until approximately nine months from now.
Storage Tips for Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese:
- Keep the cheese in its original packaging until you are ready to use it.
- Store the package in the refrigerator at or below 40°F.
- If the package has been opened, reseal it tightly using plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Signs that your grated parmesan cheese has gone bad:
Even if you store your grated parmesan cheese properly, there may be times when it goes bad before its expiration date. Here are some signs to look out for:
- The color of the cheese changes to yellow or brown.
- The texture becomes sticky or slimy instead of dry and granular.
- The smell becomes sour or rancid instead of nutty and fresh.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to discard the cheese and purchase a fresh package.
Uses for Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese:
Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Sprinkle it over pasta dishes
- Use it to top salads
- Add it to soups or stews for extra flavor
- Mix it into homemade bread dough
- Make a cheesy dip by mixing grated parmesan with cream cheese and sour cream
In conclusion, Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese is a delicious and versatile ingredient that can last up to 9 months if stored properly. Be sure to keep an eye out for signs of spoilage, and use this cheese in a variety of dishes for added flavor.