Flank steak is a delicious cut of meat that is often used in Mexican and Southwestern cuisine. It is a lean and flavorful cut of meat that is perfect for grilling, but many people are unsure about how long to cook it for. In this article, we will discuss how long you should cook flank steak for, and provide some tips on how to ensure that it comes out perfectly every time.
Cooking Flank Steak:
Flank steak should be cooked quickly over high heat. This means that it is best suited to grilling or broiling.
However, because it is a relatively thin cut of meat, it can easily become tough if overcooked. For this reason, it’s important to pay attention to the cooking time.
How Long Should You Cook Flank Steak?
The cooking time for flank steak depends on the thickness of the cut and your desired level of doneness. A general rule of thumb is to cook flank steak for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, but this can vary depending on the heat of your grill or broiler.
If you prefer your steak more well-done, you can cook it for a few minutes longer on each side. However, be careful not to overcook it as this will cause the meat to become tough and Chewy.
Tips For Cooking Flank Steak:
1. Let It Rest: After cooking your flank steak, allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing into it. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat and make it more tender.
2. Season It Well: Flank steak has a great flavor on its own, but you can enhance this by seasoning it well with salt and pepper or your favorite spice rub.
3. Cut Against The Grain: When slicing flank steak, be sure to cut against the grain. This will help break up the muscle fibers and make the meat more tender.
Flank steak is a delicious cut of meat that can be cooked quickly and easily on the grill or broiler. To ensure that it comes out perfectly every time, be sure to pay attention to the cooking time and follow these tips for seasoning and slicing it. With a little practice, you’ll be able to cook the perfect flank steak every time!
Recipe: Grilled Flank Steak
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe to try with your newly acquired knowledge, here’s one for grilled flank steak:
– 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat your grill to high heat. 2. Season both sides of the flank steak generously with salt and pepper. 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic.
4. Brush the mixture over both sides of the steak. 5. Grill the steak for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. 6. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!