If you’re like most people, you probably love a good steak. Whether it’s cooked to perfection on the grill or seared in a pan, there’s nothing quite like sinking your teeth into a juicy piece of meat.
But what do you do with the leftovers? Specifically, how do you store leftover flank steak?
Well, the good news is that storing leftover flank steak is actually pretty simple. Here are some tips to help you keep your meat fresh and delicious:
1. Slice it up: Before you store your leftover flank steak, make sure to slice it up into thin pieces. This will make it easier to reheat later on and also help it cool down more quickly.
2. Wrap it well: Once your steak is sliced, wrap each piece tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This will help prevent air from getting in and keep your meat fresher for longer.
3. Store in the fridge: Place your wrapped-up leftover flank steak in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It should keep for up to three days this way.
4. Freeze for later: If you don’t think you’ll be able to eat your leftover flank steak within three days, consider freezing it instead. Wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them all in a freezer-safe container or bag.
5. Reheat with care: When you’re ready to eat your leftover flank steak, be careful when reheating it.
You don’t want to overcook it and dry it out, but you also want to make sure it’s heated through completely. The best way to reheat flank steak is by placing it on a hot skillet or grill for just a few minutes on each side.
In summary, storing leftover flank steak is easy as long as you follow these simple steps: slice it up, wrap it well, store in the fridge or freezer, and reheat with care. With these tips, you can enjoy your leftover steak just as much as you did the first time around!