If you’re a fan of Papa John’s pizza, you may be wondering whether or not their pizzas contain Parmesan cheese. The answer is yes, Papa John’s does use Parmesan cheese in some of their pizzas and other menu items.
What is Parmesan Cheese?
Parmesan cheese, also known as Parmigiano Reggiano, is a hard, granular cheese that originated from Italy. It is made from cow’s milk and has a sharp, nutty flavor that makes it a popular choice for toppings on pizzas and pastas.
Which Papa John’s Pizzas Use Parmesan Cheese?
Papa John’s offers several pizzas that use Parmesan cheese as an ingredient. These include:
- The Works Pizza – This pizza features pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, black olives, and mozzarella cheese with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.
- BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza – This pizza has BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce and is topped with grilled chicken, bacon, onions, and mozzarella cheese with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Tuscan Six Cheese Pizza – This pizza features six different cheeses including mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, Fontina, and provolone.
Other Menu Items That Use Parmesan Cheese
In addition to their pizzas that use Parmesan cheese as an ingredient or topping, Papa John’s also offers other menu items that feature this flavorful cheese. These include:
- Breadsticks – These are soft breadsticks brushed with garlic butter and topped with a blend of Parmesan and Romano cheeses.
- Cheese Sticks – These are like breadsticks but with melted mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Garlic Parmesan Wings – These wings are coated in a garlic Parmesan sauce for a tangy and flavorful experience.
So, if you’re a fan of Parmesan cheese, you’ll be happy to know that Papa John’s does use it in some of their pizzas and other menu items. Whether you prefer The Works Pizza or the Tuscan Six Cheese Pizza, you’re sure to get your fill of this delicious cheese at Papa John’s.