Flank steak is a lean and flavorful cut of meat that can be quite tough if not cooked properly. Many people wonder if cooking flank steak in a crockpot will make it tender and juicy. In this article, we will explore whether or not flank steak gets tender in the crockpot.
What is Flank Steak?
Flank steak is a long, flat cut of beef that comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow. It is a lean cut with little marbling, which makes it less tender than other cuts of beef. However, it is also full of flavor and can be delicious if cooked correctly.
Can Flank Steak Be Tenderized?
Yes, flank steak can be tenderized through different methods such as marinating, pounding or cooking it low and slow for an extended period. The crockpot method is one such way to achieve this.
Does Flank Steak Get Tender in the Crockpot?
The answer is yes! Cooking flank steak in a crockpot on low heat for 4-6 hours can make it incredibly tender and juicy. The slow cooking process allows the meat to break down gradually and become more tender over time.
Tips for Cooking Flank Steak in the Crockpot
- Choose a good quality piece of meat: Look for flank steak with even thickness and little fat.
- Marinate before cooking: Even if you plan to cook your flank steak in the crockpot, marinating it beforehand can enhance its flavor.
- Sear the meat: Searing your flank steak before adding it to the crockpot can help lock in flavor and juices.
- Add liquid: Adding some liquid such as beef broth or red wine can help keep your meat moist during cooking.
- Cook on low heat: Cooking your flank steak on low heat for 4-6 hours is the best way to achieve tender meat.
- Let it rest: Letting your meat rest for a few minutes before slicing can help retain its juices and make it even more tender.
Flank steak can be a delicious and affordable cut of beef when cooked properly. Cooking flank steak in a crockpot is an easy and effective way to make it tender and juicy.
Remember to choose good quality meat, marinate beforehand, sear the meat, add liquid, cook on low heat, and let it rest before slicing. With these tips, you’ll have a delicious and mouth-watering meal that’s sure to impress!