Can You Use Oat Milk With Kraft Mac and Cheese?
When it comes to mac and cheese, everyone has their own preferred way of preparing it. Some like it creamy and rich, while others prefer a lighter, healthier version.
If you’re looking to make a healthier choice in your mac and cheese recipe, you may be wondering if you can use oat milk instead of regular milk with Kraft Mac and Cheese. Let’s dive into the details.
The Benefits of Oat Milk
Oat milk has gained popularity in recent years as a dairy-free alternative to traditional cow’s milk. It is made by blending water with oats and then straining the mixture to create a smooth and creamy liquid.
Oat milk is naturally sweet and has a mild flavor that pairs well with many dishes. It is also lactose-free, making it suitable for people with lactose intolerance or those who follow a plant-based diet.
Using Oat Milk in Mac and Cheese
Now that we know the benefits of oat milk let’s talk about whether it can be used in combination with Kraft Mac and Cheese.
The good news is that oat milk can indeed be used as a substitute for regular milk when making Kraft Mac and Cheese. The texture may be slightly different from using cow’s milk, but the end result will still be delicious.
How to Substitute Oat Milk
To substitute oat milk for regular milk in your Kraft Mac and Cheese recipe, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the macaroni noodles according to the package instructions.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the cheese powder from the Kraft Mac and Cheese box to the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Instead of adding regular milk, pour in an equal amount of oat milk. Stir well to incorporate the cheese powder and oat milk.
- Add the cooked macaroni noodles to the saucepan and mix until the noodles are coated with the creamy cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
By following these steps, you can enjoy a creamy and flavorful bowl of mac and cheese using oat milk as a substitute for regular milk.
Other Dairy-Free Alternatives
If you don’t have oat milk on hand or prefer a different dairy-free alternative, there are other options you can explore:
- Almond Milk: Almond milk is another popular dairy-free alternative that can be used in mac and cheese recipes. It has a slightly nutty flavor that adds a unique taste to your dish.
- Soy Milk: Soy milk is a versatile option that works well in savory dishes like mac and cheese.
It has a creamy texture that closely resembles cow’s milk.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk can add a tropical twist to your mac and cheese. Its rich and creamy consistency makes for an indulgent dish.
In conclusion, oat milk is a suitable substitute for regular milk when making Kraft Mac and Cheese. Whether you choose oat milk or another dairy-free alternative, experimenting with different flavors can add excitement to your mac and cheese recipe. So go ahead, get creative, and enjoy a delicious bowl of plant-based macaroni and cheese!