If you’re a steak lover, you know how delicious and juicy a marinated flank steak can be. It’s a versatile cut that can be cooked in different ways, such as grilling, broiling, or pan-searing. But have you ever thought of cooking it in an air fryer?
The air fryer is known for its ability to cook food quickly and evenly by circulating hot air around it. It’s also a healthier alternative to deep-frying since it requires little to no oil.
So, can you cook marinated flank steak in an air fryer? Let’s find out.
First of all, it’s important to note that not all air fryers are created equal. Some models have different temperature settings and cooking times, so it’s always best to consult your user manual for guidance.
Assuming your air fryer has a temperature range of 350-400°F (175-200°C), here’s how you can cook marinated flank steak in an air fryer:
1. Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C). This will ensure that the hot air is evenly distributed throughout the cooking chamber.
2. While the air fryer is preheating, take the marinated flank steak out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will help it cook more evenly.
3. Once the air fryer is preheated, place the flank steak in the cooking basket and set the timer for 10-12 minutes.
4. Flip the steak halfway through cooking to ensure both sides are cooked evenly.
5. Check the internal temperature of the steak with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached at least 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness or up to 160°F (71°C) for medium doneness.
6. Once cooked to your desired doneness, remove the steak from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Now, you might wonder if the marinade will affect the air frying process. The good news is that most marinades are oil-based, which means they won’t interfere with the hot air circulation in the air fryer.
However, if your marinade contains sugar or honey, it may cause the steak to brown more quickly and potentially burn. To avoid this, you can wipe off any excess marinade before cooking or use a marinade that doesn’t contain sugar.
In conclusion, cooking marinated flank steak in an air fryer is possible and can produce delicious results. Just make sure to preheat the air fryer, let the steak come to room temperature, flip it halfway through cooking, check its internal temperature, and adjust the cooking time as needed based on your air fryer model. With these tips in mind, you can enjoy a juicy and flavorful flank steak without firing up your grill or stove.