Are you wondering if you can cook flank steak on a Blackstone griddle? The answer is a resounding yes! In fact, cooking flank steak on a griddle can be an excellent way to achieve that perfect sear and juicy texture.
Why Choose Flank Steak?
Flank steak is not only delicious but also affordable compared to other cuts of beef. It’s lean and flavorful and can be cooked in various ways, including grilling, broiling, or pan-frying. Flank steak is also versatile and can be used in various dishes such as fajitas, stir-fries, salads, or served as a standalone dish.
Preparing the Flank Steak
Before cooking your flank steak on the Blackstone griddle, you need to prepare it adequately. First, season the steak generously with your preferred seasoning blend. You can use simple salt and pepper or choose from other seasoning blends such as garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or chili powder.
Next, let the seasoned steak rest for at least 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat fully. This step is crucial in ensuring that your flank steak comes out flavorful and juicy.
Cooking Flank Steak on a Blackstone Griddle
Now that your flank steak is well seasoned let’s get cooking! Here are some steps to follow when cooking your flank steak on a Blackstone griddle:
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add some oil (preferably high smoke point oils like avocado or grapeseed oil) on the hot griddle surface.
- Place the seasoned flank steak onto the hot griddle surface.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until you achieve that perfect sear and internal temperature of 135°F (for medium-rare) to 145°F (for medium).
- Once cooked, let the flank steak rest for about 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Tips for Cooking Flank Steak on a Blackstone Griddle
- Ensure your steak is at room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the griddle surface. Leave some space between the steaks to allow proper heat distribution.
- Avoid flipping the steak too often. Flip only once to ensure that perfect sear and caramelization.
- Invest in a meat thermometer to ensure that your flank steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
In conclusion, cooking flank steak on a Blackstone griddle is not only possible but also easy and convenient. With proper seasoning, preparation, and cooking techniques, you can achieve a juicy and flavorful flank steak that will wow your family or guests. So fire up your Blackstone griddle and give it a try!