Flank steak is a popular cut of beef that is both flavorful and versatile. It can be used in a variety of dishes, from fajitas to stir-fries, and is a favorite among meat lovers.
But what if you have more flank steak than you can eat at once? Can you freeze it for later use? Let’s find out.
Can I Freeze Flank Steak?
Yes, you can freeze flank steak. In fact, freezing it is a great way to preserve the meat and extend its shelf life. However, there are some things to keep in mind before freezing your flank steak.
How to Freeze Flank Steak
1. First, make sure your flank steak is fresh and hasn’t been sitting in the fridge for too long.
2. Trim off any excess fat or connective tissue from the meat.
3. Wrap the flank steak tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure there are no air pockets or gaps in the wrapping.
4. Place the wrapped flank steak in a freezer-safe bag or container.
5. Label the bag or container with the date and contents.
6. Place the bag or container in the freezer.
Tips for Freezing Flank Steak
– Try to use your frozen flank steak within 6-8 months for best quality and flavor.
– Don’t thaw your frozen flank steak on the counter – this can lead to bacterial growth. Instead, thaw it overnight in the fridge or under cold running water.
– Don’t refreeze thawed flank steak – once it has been thawed, it should be cooked and consumed within a few days.
The Bottom Line
Freezing flank steak is a great way to make sure you always have some on hand for quick meals or when you don’t feel like going to the grocery store. Just remember to wrap it tightly, label it, and use it within 6-8 months for best quality.